Sunday, June 10, 2012

Moderate Ketosis

Lainey had moderate ketosis levels yesterday and today. I am going to call the RD tomorrow and I assume they will increase her ratio. Which they said would probably happen so I am not freaking out too bad. I am getting used to measuring out foods and I tried a new recipe this morning. I realized that based on what a meal consists of, she may or may not receive a lot of food. I made a flax and egg dish that was very small, but she has an avocado and veggie snack that is a little bigger than that meal. I enjoy making new dishes and I am having to reign myself in because she only gets to eat a small portion of what I fix and the rest goes back in the fridge. Right now I have four possible meals in tupperware from which to choose from. Since I don't want the food to go bad, I have to wait to try any new dishes.

My husband had a birthday gathering tonight and Lainey was eyeing the cake and ice cream. And I had to be on the lookout for anyone leaving their plate within her reach. I can see where it would be good to really stress the importance to the people that surround her how she absolutely can't taste or eat what they have, even by accident.

The ketocalculator is an amazing resource for planning meals. I don't know what I am going to do if my internet goes down!!! I am going to go shopping this week for little plastic storage containers, spatulas and a binder to stick recipes. Taking it day by day!

No comments:

Post a Comment