Thursday, June 7, 2012

Keto Journey Day Four

We get to go home today. Lainey is in ketosis her blood is all acidic and everything. There is a great program called keto calculator that does most of the hard thinking in developing meals. I am so thankful that the Charlie Foundation created it for us! I have been plugging meals from the two books I ordered from Amazon so I will have a variety of meals. A kid can only eat so much scrambled eggs and tuna. We feel very comfortable measuring everything out, checking her glucose and ketones. We are heading to Whole Foods and Krogers after we leave to pick up all her food supplies. I am nervous and excited. The nurse told us to expect her ketones to dip into the mild range when we get home and that we may have to play with her ratio until we get it exactly right. I look forward to starting this journey in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment