Monday, June 25, 2012

3:1


After a week of trying the 2.75:1 ratio we decided to bump Lainey up to 3:1. It took a couple of days but we finally got high ketones. She hasn't wanted to pee on the potty and has had some loose bowel movements in her diapers, which has made it difficult to check ketones twice daily. We had a date night with her on Saturday night. While the boys played at a gym, we went out to eat with Lainey to a really nice restaurant and sat outside. It was a really nice evening and since I had already fed her dinner before we left all I had to do was pack a snack. When our food arrived at the table and she got antsy, I fed her some applesauce and then gave her cream through a syringe. It took all of three minutes. Luckily, there was a lady sitting at the table beside us and she talked and played with Lainey while we finished our meals. After that we went to Whole Foods and picked up the ingredients I needed to make some KetoCal snacks. Today, I made blueberry waffles, no bake fudge, blueberry muffins and creme brulee. She ate the waffle at lunch. I was so nervous that she would throw her food or not eat it all, because it was a pretty large amount compared to some of her other meals. But she ate it all, hooray! Preparing the meals is really simple and we haven't found it difficult to pack her meals up and go places. Sometimes I wonder if I am doing something wrong because it just seems too simple. We also went by Williams Sonoma and picked up some glass mixing bowls and more mini spatulas. I was tired of doing dishes so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment