Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Lainey goes to the nursery at Bible study

I need normalcy, Lainey needs normalcy, I strive to give my boys to normalcy. I love Bible study, I love to spend time talking with my girlfriends. Because of this I decided to take Lainey to the nursery at church during Bible study. Luckily, my church has great staff and they are very familiar with Lainey's condition. I was nervous, I am not going to lie. They give out cheerios during snack time. Kids walk around with their sippy cups, they are supposed to be filled with water. I told the ladies what was going on, "She is on a special diet to control her seizures. She cannot have anything to eat and only drink from her cup. It is really important she doesn't pick up any food and put it in her mouth." We then proceeded to use their Allergy Alert stickers, with NO FOOD written on them, and stuck them all over her front and back and covered her bag with the stickers. It did look a little extreme, but I know from working in the nursery that it can get hectic and I didn't want an accident to happen. It all went fine. I couldn't find the actual stickers online, but ketogoods.com has some specific for keto kids.

Tabbies Products - Tabbies - Medical Labels for Allergies, 1-1/2 x 7/8, White, 250/Pack - Sold As 1 Roll - Easy to read labels stand out on patient charts and files. - Pressure sensitive to adhere to most surfaces. -

No comments:

Post a Comment